Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cooking Night #10 - THANKSGIVING SIDES & DESSERTS

This month, we decided to share some new and old ideas for side-kick food to the TURKEY!

Cindi Davies was our gracious hostess! We were SO GLAD to have her be part of our group for the first time. AND we may have been drooling a little over her beautiful space . . 


See what I mean?
I hope I'm not embarrassing her. We just all thought it was amazing. I am also SO glad to now know that they make refrigerators big enough to store adequate food for my three boys when they are teenagers . . . 
I mean, I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping Costco in business, by myself! 
SO, maybe I'll invest in one of these bad boys . . .


Anyhoo. On to the yummyness!

Kristin made an amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake
(In case you don't already know this - for example - if you are new to our ward . . . Kristin Robertson is a L-E-G-I-T baker. Seriously exceptional. Enough said.)


She also made fabulous Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Never go back to plain potes again, people!


Cindi made a really cool Dutch Oven Apple Pie!
She said it was really quick to put together - and it was so yummy.


Hayley made a delicious Pomegranate "Fluff" Salad. 
(Yes, that's the official name.)
(No. No, it's not.)


Torrey made this beautiful, bright, blossoming bundle of brilliance!
It's late.
Therefore, I alliterate!
Ha! Apparently, I rhyme too!


Kami tried two new recipes:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Leaves with Lemon, Pecans and Parmesan 


and Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Bark.


It was a really nice, quiet evening of quality food and quality conversation.
Here are the girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment